Revised: Is it possible to build a zero-point drive by connecting multiple dynamos in series or parallel, to an electric motor spinning the flywheel?

Created by RF2OOO on March 19, 2017, 5:39 p.m.
  • Is it possible to create a zero point drive by attaching several dynamo generators connected in either series or parallel, to a flywheel spun by a heavy-duty electric D/C motor which is powered by the dynamos? Here's my drawing of what I'm thinking... You could add one of those 2-stage R/C car transmissions to each dynamo so that when the flywheel hits a certain RPM, the R/C transmission would kick into 2nd gear which would spin the dynamos even faster for a higher energy output voltage. It could work!!!... in theory of course... lol

Revised: I've come up with a better diagram for how an R/C car 2-stage transmission system could be implemented into my concept design.

Basically, a D/C motor connected to a bike's pedal sprocket which has a bike chain attached to a bike's rear wheel sprocket, that's all mounted to a metal plate. The bike rear sprocket has a drive axle that has a large specially built 2-stage flywheel gear system similar to an R/C car's clutch bell, only on a larger scale. The 2-gear assembly would be interchangeable in the sense that the 2nd gear could be reduced or increased based on the gearing system for the generator and it's 2nd gear ratio. The outer smaller gear on the bike sprocket axle and the outer larger gear on the generator axle is the first gear system, as it has a higher number of gear teeth on the drive ratio for the generator to have more torque, just like a regular transmission. The inner, larger gear on the bike sprocket axle and the inner smaller gear on the generator is the 2nd gear system, as it would rotate the smaller gear faster on the generator axle for increased voltage output once the 2nd gear centrifugal clutch kicked in. Increased torque needed to rotate the drive gear once in 2nd gear would be negligible as the D/C drive motor has more than enough torque needed, the beauty of D/C motors being they have torque up the wazoo. lol

An additional thought which I had was to create a special extended axle for the generator so instead of 1 generator attached to the 2-gear transmission, you could put like 4 to 6 generators inline on the same axle... My thoughts are why stop with just 1 generator per axle when an axle 4 times as long could turn 4 generators, one 6 times as long could turn 6 generators, and the rotational resistance in spinning a longer axle would be negated due to the increased output of having multiple generators per axle.

It may seem like a complex idea but keep in mind, this is something nobody has accomplished yet not to mention we are in the midst of a technologically advanced era where we have the materials and tools required to manufacture something like this with relative ease, the only factor being someone who is capable with the skill to craft all the parts needed seeing as nearly everything would have to be hand-built and/or cnc machine milled, to build it. Hint hint @ Adam lol... (;

note: If Adam builds one and it works, we'd literally have solved the energy crisis! =]

- BD/SB

• No, this doesn't work. the output generators need more input mechanical power then they output in electrical power. That Power has to be generated by your motor, Which puts out less mechanical power then you put in electrical power. See the problem yet? Putting 2 generators on a single shaft just means the shaft is twice as hard to turn. Perpetual Motion is a violation of physics, at BEST (and not possible today) we might find a device that works with zero loss, but that's not likely. This is not a complex idea, it's a very simple idea that just doesn't work.

Adam won't build this. or even think about it. He'll dismiss it, if he even sees it. Which is unlikely.