Transcoder Feedback

Created by will on Feb. 20, 2015, 7:48 p.m.
  • I realized it automatically installs what I need for Melton's script, so I answered my own question on that. I still have some other questions, though. I'm a noob on this. How do I edit the parameters? If I want to make it output as a MP4, is that possible? If I want to lock in the stereo audio track vice surround, how do I do that? etc., etc., etc.

• @wvc: You would need to change the transcoder.py file to change the actually settings it is using. Its been quite I while since I messed with all this, so need to look over all of it again. Honestly just been waiting for FreeNAS 10 to come through, with docker support, so I can just redo the whole thing in docker and clean it all up.

• @Bedon292: Testing - the website hasn't been letting me reply - so this is only a test. . .

• Testing a post without replying . . . this is only a test.

• So - it wouldn't let me reply. Then it did let me reply. Now it won't let me reply. But I can post without replying.

This forum needs an exorcism.

• Regna terrae, cantata Deo, psallite Cernunnos, Regna terrae, cantata Dea psallite Aradia. caeli Deus, Deus terrae, Humiliter majestati gloriae tuae supplicamus Ut ab omni infernalium spirituum potestate, Laqueo, and deceptione nequitia, Omnis fallaciae, libera nos, dominates.

Should I continue?

• Howdy. I've been using the transcoder for a while now, but recently stopped it to restart the PC (Windows update). Now, I can't get it to work. I've deleted the virtual machine and pulled everything all over again from scratch (git clone) and restarted with vagrant up, but when I put a file in the "Input" folder it sits there for a bit and then just goes straight to "Completed-Originals". It never goes to Work or Output. There seems to be an error with Handbrake CLI. The Transcoder Log says:

Transcoding failed for input. Can't determine HandBrakeCLI version

Any thoughts? Thanks!

• Hi...i am a new user here. I attempted to make a separate simple config file for people to use, instead of needing to mess with environment variables or the Vagrantfile. This seems to work well for me, and I have attempted to edit it in multiple different text editors to break it, but have been unable to on Windows at least. It could probably use some cross platform testing. This seems like a logical solution to me, but would be really interested in if that is a direction you like?

• With FreeNAS Corral (previously known as 10) finally out, including the much awaited docker support, I am going to be upgrading soon. Once the upgrade is complete I am going to be taking a look back at everything, and possibly revamp it all. I don't remember what the state of anything was, and I know at some point I made a Docker image, but not sure where things are headed yet. Pretty sure I had config file stuff in my fork as well, but its been so long since I touched it I can't remember

Don't think anyone else is doing anything with it, but I am happy to work with anyone else interested in doing it too. I have a bunch of new movies that I need to rip, and have been putting off for this.

• Or not, Corral has been downgraded to a 'Tech Preview'. So this will wait until I get Docker on the server...