Quantcast

Aol Tech?

Created by qraham on Feb. 12, 2013, 3:28 p.m.
  • I just noticed the "Aol Tech" logo at the bottom of the site, but can't find any information about what Aol's partnership with Tested might be (aoltech.com doesn't list Tested as one of their sites). Anybody know more about this? I'm psyched to imagine the resources a partnership like that would make available to the dudes, but I'm wondering if it isn't just an ad deal or something.

On an unrelated note, I'd just like to say that it's borderline criminal that BB's other property "Tasted" hasn't been paired with Tested at all so far.

• I am not sure of the extent of the relationship, but it appears that BB and AOL have partnered on several websites.

• @qraham said:

I just noticed the "Aol Tech" logo at the bottom of the site

Huh.

@qraham said:

On an unrelated note, I'd just like to say that it's borderline criminal that BB's other property "Tasted" hasn't been paired with Tested at all so far.

Other than the clear influence Tested had on the naming, I'm not sure why they should be paired when you consider BB's entire stable of properties. It's like asking why Screened and Anime Vice aren't paired with Tested these days even if BB owns them as well. Or you know, mom.me.

• good things are happening, but don't expect any big changes. stay tuned!

• @qraham:  they're delivering ads and promoting some of our best content. It's a good thing for the site, and should help ensure we can keep doing this indefinitely.
  • @norman said:

good things are happening, but don't expect any big changes. stay tuned!

Awesome. I am for anything that helps Tested continue to grow.

• @evil_gordita said:

@qraham said:

I just noticed the "Aol Tech" logo at the bottom of the site

Huh.

@qraham said:

Other than the clear influence Tested had on the naming, I'm not sure why they should be paired when you consider BB's entire stable of properties. It's like asking why Screened and Anime Vice aren't paired with Tested these days even if BB owns them as well. Or you know, mom.me.

I actually looked at Screened and Anime Vice today out of morbid curiosity Anime Vice is actually doing okay and has new content and an active community while Screened is on life support other than a few people.

• Just a heads up, for the people who care. Our first ad campaign starts tonight at 9PM and will run for a few days. If you still have a medallion under your username, you shouldn't see it.

• @will said:

Just a heads up, for the people who care. Our first ad campaign starts tonight at 9PM and will run for a few days. If you still have a medallion under your username, you shouldn't see it.

I just gave the site a quick look when not logged in. The Aol ads seems a o k. I guess it is because i usually dont see them but the header ads look weird to me, not because they are header ads but because they are not integrated in the design. Not a special spot for them i mean.

Anyway what i was getting at, i'm not sure if the outlook.com ad that is on the front and podcast page is new but outlook.com is pretty great and quite the upgrade over hotmail.com.

• The Outlook ads aren't that intrusive and I have no problem with them unless they start to integrate the "Scroogled" campaign. Now that would be something I couldn't approve.

• I really don't mind the ads, they are everywhere else, so I am not offended.

• @Evelgest said:

The Outlook ads aren't that intrusive and I have no problem with them unless they start to integrate the "Scroogled" campaign. Now that would be something I couldn't approve.

I got to see what the scoogled campaign was today.

I suppose that i should not be surprised but i did not expect them to go that low.