Quantcast

Would going from a iphone 5 to a nexus 4 be a downgrade?

Created by RavenSword on Feb. 9, 2013, 8:50 p.m.
  • @hydrotherion1979 said:

@RavenSword said:

@hydrotherion1979 said:

@RavenSword said:

@SLUSHIE said:

@Conmused: Well in the Nexus 7 thread I was saying not to get it.

I don't think you'll be unhappy, but I don't think your going to be blown away either. Sure Google maps is a little better, and contacts are integrated with gmail and whatnot, but all n all in daily use the differences are minimal.

They do the same things in a slightly different way.

Yeah. I'm not expecting to be blown away. But I think it'll be a nice change. At least cosmetically.

I'm curious what you're opinion is going to be about android and the nexus. Check out the root thread if you want more things about Android. With all the third party apps you can change in to whatever you want.

Well, I'm not much interested in rooting or hacking the phone. Mainly due to laziness. But I'll check out the thread.

that's no problem. Most stuff in there is for the non rooted. Just some third party apps that are better then the stock stuff. Yes, even google. ;-) if there was a 32 or 64 gb nexus i wouldn't have bought a s3.^_^

Yeah. I wish nexus 4 had a 32gb version. But I think I'll be fine with 16gb. I had a 16gb iphone 4 and while space was cramped, I did have video, music, games, and a bunch of apps.

With the nexus 4 I'm probaly going to use it as a streaming consumption device (with google music, net flicks, and etc) and as my web browser and such. I'll also play some games, but really I think my ipad is where I'm going to watch my downloaded movies, play games that are beyond bejeweled or something, and use it for my heavy memory apps.

• @RavenSword said:

@hydrotherion1979 said:

@RavenSword said:

@hydrotherion1979 said:

@RavenSword said:

@SLUSHIE said:

I don't think you'll be unhappy, but I don't think your going to be blown away either. Sure Google maps is a little better, and contacts are integrated with gmail and whatnot, but all n all in daily use the differences are minimal.

Yeah. I'm not expecting to be blown away. But I think it'll be a nice change. At least cosmetically.

I'm curious what you're opinion is going to be about android and the nexus. Check out the root thread if you want more things about Android. With all the third party apps you can change in to whatever you want.

Well, I'm not much interested in rooting or hacking the phone. Mainly due to laziness. But I'll check out the thread.

that's no problem. Most stuff in there is for the non rooted. Just some third party apps that are better then the stock stuff. Yes, even google. ;-) if there was a 32 or 64 gb nexus i wouldn't have bought a s3.^_^

Yeah. I wish nexus 4 had a 32gb version. But I think I'll be fine with 16gb. I had a 16gb iphone 4 and while space was cramped, I did have video, music, games, and a bunch of apps.

With the nexus 4 I'm probaly going to use it as a streaming consumption device (with google music, net flicks, and etc) and as my web browser and such. I'll also play some games, but really I think my ipad is where I'm going to watch my downloaded movies, play games that are beyond bejeweled or something, and use it for my heavy memory apps.

i use my s3 as phone but also as my main musicplayer replacing my ipod touch. 32gb is the least i want. My dataplan won't allow me to stream my music as google wants people to do.

@RavenSword said:

@hydrotherion1979 said:

@RavenSword said:

@hydrotherion1979 said:

@RavenSword said:

@SLUSHIE said:

i use my s3 as phone but also as my main musicplayer replacing my ipod touch. 32gb is the least i want. My dataplan won't allow me to stream my music as google wants people to do.

I still have a iPod classic :P my friends kinda bust my balls about it because I also had the iphone.

@RavenSword said:

@hydrotherion1979 said:

@RavenSword said:

@hydrotherion1979 said:

@RavenSword said:

@SLUSHIE said:

Unfortunate. Google Music is the bomb-diggity,

• Ok, so I put my iPhone 5 up on ebay and it sold for 535 dollars, but it's been two days and I haven't received payment yet. Should I be worried? I never sold in ebay before, so I'm hoping I didn't mess anything up.
  • @RavenSword: I wouldn't worry. eBay won't get you your money any faster than three business days. Also Yesterday was president's day, which may not count as as a business day in the US. So hang tight.

• @Conmused said:

@RavenSword: I wouldn't worry. eBay won't get you your money any faster than three business days. Also Yesterday was president's day, which may not count as as a business day in the US. So hang tight.

Well, it's not even showing a pending payment. It just says straight up the person hasn't payed yet. Hopefuly it goes through.
  • @RavenSword: It can take up to 10 business days to process. As long as you didn't ship it yet, I wouldn't fret.

• @Conmused said:

@RavenSword: It can take up to 10 business days to process. As long as you didn't ship it yet, I wouldn't fret.

Nah, I wasn't gonna ship it until I received a clear payment.

What's the usual practice on that, anyway. Do I wait for a cleared payment before I ship or once it's in my Paypal is it cool to ship? I don't want the buyer to think I'm slow rolling shipping it to them, I just wanted the actual money in my account first.
  • @RavenSword: I haven't used eBay in forever, but it's generally: once you get paid, then you send it out.

If you want to be quick about it, get it packed up so whenever the money gets in your account, you can drop it off at UPS/FedEX/USPS that day. Maybe pay the extra dollar or two for a tracking number and email that to the buyer if you're feeling nice.

Anyway, it's eBay. Third parties are ALL up in the mix, so nobody (should) expect things to move fast.

• @Conmused said:

@RavenSword: I haven't used eBay in forever, but it's generally: once you get paid, then you send it out.

If you want to be quick about it, get it packed up so whenever the money gets in your account, you can drop it off at UPS/FedEX/USPS that day. Maybe pay the extra dollar or two for a tracking number and email that to the buyer if you're feeling nice.

Anyway, it's eBay. Third parties are ALL up in the mix, so nobody (should) expect things to move fast.

Well, since this is still my phone until I order the nexus, I have to have access to using it still until I actually send it out.
  • @RavenSword: Just keep your eyes peeled for fraud. I listed an iPod Touch (4th Gen) on Amazon a year or so ago and the amount of phishing scams that piled through my email was unbelievable. Don't act on anything until payment is confirmed through Paypal. If you get the OK from Paypal, generally you don't have to worry about it appearing in your account. This can take a couple of days, but if Paypal has it confirmed then the money has most certainly left the buyer's account.

• @Lashe said:

@RavenSword: Just keep your eyes peeled for fraud. I listed an iPod Touch (4th Gen) on Amazon a year or so ago and the amount of phishing scams that piled through my email was unbelievable. Don't act on anything until payment is confirmed through Paypal. If you get the OK from Paypal, generally you don't have to worry about it appearing in your account. This can take a couple of days, but if Paypal has it confirmed then the money has most certainly left the buyer's account.

I just am curious if the item would still say not paid for over it if the person did in fact submit payment. Or do I personally need to adjust the product to sold?
  • @RavenSword: You don't need to adjust it yourself, eBay should let you know once it has been paid for. If you listed a single item, once the payment clears it drops out of stock and / or closes the auction.

• @Lashe said:

@RavenSword: You don't need to adjust it yourself, eBay should let you know once it has been paid for. If you listed a single item, once the payment clears it drops out of stock and / or closes the auction.

ok, this is getting dumb. I really cant tell if im getting the run around from this person or not. She says my payment should be received by yesterday, but I still dont have it in my account. its officaly been a week, and I cant imagine whats the hold up. She said it was because pay pal had to verify her credit card, but she said that around thursday. I cant imagine ti takes that long to verify.

I dont know if its something on my end preventing the payment or this person is giving me the run around or what.

• I would not do business with that person. Everytime I've sold an item on eBay, I received payment immediately.

• Ill give her until Tuesday. Otherwise I'll file non payment and realist the item.
  • @Rihanna: Indeed, from what I have seen, most ebayers pay almost immediately upon winning an auction or committing to a buy-it-now sale. If they are taking that long to show that they have paid then I think something is up. When I buy stuff it is usually marked as paid for immediately after I pay for it, no delay. I am not sure how it is on the seller's end though.

• @RavenSword: Does eBay say the item has been sold and paid for? Just remember there is as much security on the buyer's end as there is the seller's. If this person has paid for the item, eBay will probably hang fire processing it to your bank/Paypal account until there's a confirmed dispatch. You'd be essentially taking money for an item which you still currently possess.

• @Lashe said:

@RavenSword: Does eBay say the item has been sold and paid for? Just remember there is as much security on the buyer's end as there is the seller's. If this person has paid for the item, eBay will probably hang fire processing it to your bank/Paypal account until there's a confirmed dispatch. You'd be essentially taking money for an item which you still currently possess.

No, it says it hasn't been paid for.

Anyway, I filed a claim case with ebay and just resisted the item.
  • @Lashe said:

@RavenSword: Does eBay say the item has been sold and paid for? Just remember there is as much security on the buyer's end as there is the seller's. If this person has paid for the item, eBay will probably hang fire processing it to your bank/Paypal account until there's a confirmed dispatch. You'd be essentially taking money for an item which you still currently possess.

Well, the item and payment was sent. And pay pal said I should have access to the payment today, but it's still telling me I can't transfer it to my bank account or access it. Is that because its Sunday?
  • I think it has to sit in there for a few days before you can.

Then when you do it, it takes a few days to show up in the bank account. So don't freak out when that happens either.

• @SLUSHIE said:

I think it has to sit in there for a few days before you can.

Then when you do it, it takes a few days to show up in the bank account. So don't freak out when that happens either.

Well, it said it should have been available today to access. But it keeps telling me I "exceeded my limit" when I try to withdraw any amount to the bank account
  • @RavenSword: if the money is in your paypal account, you can send the item. as far as the buyer is concerned, they've paid and you've got yours. Unless if there is some 'hold' on the money coming in, I guess. Generally, if the money shows up in your account balance, it is yours. Sometimes moving the money can be difficult with paypal.

You might have to send some extra information to PayPal, as they have very strict security settings that someitmes make them a PITA to deal with. You can call PayPal's customer service, and they might be able to give you a bit faster response than their ticketing system.

• @MAGZine said:

@RavenSword: if the money is in your paypal account, you can send the item. as far as the buyer is concerned, they've paid and you've got yours. Unless if there is some 'hold' on the money coming in, I guess. Generally, if the money shows up in your account balance, it is yours. Sometimes moving the money can be difficult with paypal.

You might have to send some extra information to PayPal, as they have very strict security settings that someitmes make them a PITA to deal with. You can call PayPal's customer service, and they might be able to give you a bit faster response than their ticketing system.

Well, it seems to be fine now. I got access to the funds and they should be transferred to my bank account in 3-7 business days.

In hindsight, though, I probably could have just used paypal to buy the nexus 4 s I didn't have to wait more, but I don't think I can move it back to pay pal at this point, so ill have to wait until its in my bank account and just buy the phone with my debit card or something.

Kinda miffed it takes a few business days to go to my bank account :( but I realized through all of this that I probably should have relaxed and not worried about every little thing because everything worked out smoothly in the end.

I was just nervous because is was my first ebay experience and didn't want to get hosed :PM

[quote 385385 from MAGZine]