Quantcast

Ask your questions about the new site here for Will and Norm to answer.

Created by norman on March 16, 2012, 5:36 p.m.
  • Hey guys,

Sorry we haven't had a chance to chat with you about the new site design. We've been shooting video all day (iPad Quick Look!) and have barely had a chance to sit down. We don't want to leave you in the dark, and see that there are already a bunch of threads with questions about how things are going to work on Tested going forward. In the interest of keeping things organized, can we use this thread to start a list of questions you guys would like us to answer? Please read through the thread so the same questions don't keep repeating. Will and I will answer as many as we can in a follow up thread. Thanks!

• How do i cancel my account?

• The biggest question. What will happen to Testiclese?

• Why are Jamie and Adam's faces all over the site, yet you and Will are nowhere to be found at all? I understand the celebrity aspect of it all, but it doesn't seem right.

Also, will there still be live videos every now and then?

• Why are you guys pushed so much into the background?

• What's up with that bullshit logo/header? You and Will are way cooler than those dudes.

• Will we get our blogs back?

• You guys need to be in the header as well. This would calm everyone down.
  • Does Testicles still work at the site.

• you guys gonna get your name/picture up in the banner? You created the damn community, you deserve some credit.

• I'm not worried about the site that much, but I would like to know when that iPad quick look is going up to see if you guys love the new display as much as I do. Also I tend to agree that it should be all 4 of you at the top, I think leaving you in the background sends the wrong message.

• Who's site is this actually now?, do you guys still have any control over Tested or how does it work?.

• No more user profiles?

• Will the move to new owners eliminate swearing and profanities on the message boards and podcasts? I think it doesn't fit in well with the new site.

• What are the chances of getting Jaime/Adam on for Octoberkast 2012? (You know, for the kids)

• Are you guys going to be doing live streams? I would really miss Jar time or the podcast video.

• Mythbusters has a very family friendly vibe. Is that going to change the way the forums are moderated (toning down swearing, etc), or the tone of the videos?

• Will there be any possible way to put the site into dark mode? I use a fairly large tv as my default screen and it is blinding...

• 1. Why can't I quote people anymore here?

2. I'm with thesoutherndandy - What's happened to Testiclese!?

• Why did you do this :(

• Who are Jamie and Adam and why are they looking at me with disapproval?

• main thing is will wes/ryan be writing for the site still?

braga posted on twitter that ces was his last tested hurrah, though i love alot of what was previously off topic, i found the tech news useful for work as well as entertainment

thanks will & norm

JOSH

• Did you guys lose creative control? It feels like the lionshare of front running media are all centered around Adam and Jamie while you guys are steadily being pushed off into submenus

• Will we ever have the option to download videos again? My connection is not good enough to stream so I used to download everything and watch it on my boxee, that was actually my main reason for subscribing before and I would hate to lose the ability to watch you guys

• Is there a new RSS feed for content?

• Another question: Will the general tone of the videos be changed to make them seem overly professional? I enjoyed the segments on the Happy Hour because they were always just completely clusterfucked and insane.

• RSS?

• 1. Where are your actual headquarters now? Or are you both working from home? 2. When will the site get back the features it used to have (headline view)?
  • Well, now that there's an official thread, I want to say something.

We're all very happy for you, and we know this is a huge opportunity. You've really moved up, which is great. That said, please don't respond with a "Hey, why are you mad, just be happy for us!" like you (collectively, mostly meaning Will) have on Twitter. We have legitimate concerns, and after having poured hours of time and a decent amount of money into WM specifically for Tested and Giant Bomb, we just want them addressed.

What's changing? Will this be completely Jamie and Adam centric in the branding indefinitely, or will you two get a little more prominence after the initial launch? Will the content be censored now? If so, how much? Also, can we get a skin for the site that isn't black on white? Hurts the eyes, you know...

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully address it. Again, I (and most of us) are truly happy for your new opportunity; we're just scared that the site we love will be neutered for a new audience.

• Where does Gary Whitta end up in this shake up?