Minecraft: Official Server Continued thread

Created by xantar on Oct. 12, 2012, 4:41 a.m.
  • @coopdegra: Right, sorry I haven't had much experience with MP servers, and I pretty much fell asleep right after Octoberkast finished.. I just logged on to the server and had a little look around the spawning area, and already I'm blown away by the awesome structures people have made (particularly the Ryan memorial).

Thanks again guys, Always Be Crafting!

• @jojojimmeny: Feel free to work on the Narada at spawn. Everyone who contributes gets credit and when it's done I'm pushing to setup a Bukkit Store on the main deck. Also, I plan on having the top few decks as farming areas, including 16 separate generators. So really a person could go up to the ship, and start building off of it, and never need to return to the ground. ;)

• @jojojimmeny: Yeah no worries man, i think it might just be the way our server in particular handles these things, i'll get you all set

• Wow guys, amazing, twitch streaming built into Minecraft, this is the best.

• @coopdegra: Thanks for providing context, duder! I had to go look up what hell you were talking about.

• @evil_gordita: meh, sorry typed it out on my phone.

• @Rallier: Well isn't that stuff already built into the new consoles? And i don't think the 360 could handle streaming out within that game.

• guessing this is what the "secret setting" was in the snapshots

• @zmaster: The secret setting was just a button that cycled through a bunch of different predefined shaders (see my screen shots from above where I created the Tested favicon out of stained glass).

• @zmaster: The secret setting was just a button that cycled through a bunch of different predefined shaders (see my screen shots from above where I created the Tested favicon out of stained glass).

• @evil_gordita: yah, knew that...didn't know if they would leave it as that though

• I've been doing some thinking recently, and the server is at one of it's real lows. While we wait for bukkit to be updated, i'd like to see what you guys want to do on the server; like a community project, or something, anything really. Let me know!

• Hello! Just saw this and applied..is this still active?

Thanks!

• @Rycraft: Oh boy is it ever! to get you added i just need you to hop on the server and then i can get you all set. Welcome!

• Thanks! So I gathered by reading the thread it is a Bukkit server..I tried to find a client to install but wasn't sure which one to use. I'm going to go through the other thread and see if I can find a connection tutorial. I've used Feed The Beast but never bukkit.

• @Rycraft: nah, you just need the normal minecraft launcher, we use bukkit mostly as a way to help us manage the server more effectively, make sure you have the right address at Testedminecraft.com , also make sure you set the version to 1.6.4

• @evil_gordita going to update the server to the 1.7 bukkit dev build or hold out for a recommended build?

• @zmaster: I might not wait for a recommended build, but I think I might wait out the current dev builds for a little while longer. This last update had a amazing large number of lines of code that changed and it's taken the Bukkit team this long just to get something that even compiles. I'm not sure I want to trust something that merely compiles.

• beta craftbukkit for 1.7 is up on their site

• Yep. I'm going to test locally before I update the server. Currently downloading world files from the FTP server.

• Could only be this many trees in 1.7...thanks evil! Happy new year guys.

• @zmaster: its been a while

• @tharig327: Hi, if you're interested in posting, please go to the more recent thread: http://www.tested.com/forums/games/459604-minecraft-the-testedcom-community-minecraft-server-thread-hd-perfect/