Quantcast

Minecraft: Official Server Continued thread

Created by xantar on Oct. 12, 2012, 4:41 a.m.
  • The other thread hit 189 pages and broke the world here it can be continued.....

• Updated: 5/07/12

Ground Rules:

-the server is not afk friendly. AFKing will get you kicked (not banned)

-do not make changes to other people's creations or attempt to infringe on their building space without their permission. If you're unsure if something belongs to someone, assume it does.

-DO NOT Build Directly on established Paths

-Do Not build giant ugly structures and abandon them

-do NOT raid chests.

-the golden rule: don't be a dick.

-Have fun!

I'm new... help!

We've got you covered. There isn't an ingame tutorial (yet), but here is some material to help you get started in game.

1. [Wiki] Minecraft Crafting Guide - recipes for many in-game items.
    2. [Video] How to Survive your First night [in Minecraft] - gives excellent insight on the basic aspects of minecraft. Building, crafting, etc.
    3. [Text] Mind the Gap - Rock Paper Shotgun's own Minecraft guide to getting started.
    4. Start small. Choose a project that you can achieve, then branch out and experiment!

Alright. I'm ready.

Cool. You can join the server at minecraft.xantar.net or testedmc.game.nfoservers.com. The server works on a light-moderation, heavy-consequence basis: if you do something that really ruins the gameplay for other players, you can be handed a lengthy account ban on the server. Offenses and account suspensions on the Minecraft server are in no way affiliated, linked or related to your Whiskey media/Tested account - they're two separate entities, and you will not receive a ban on the forums for anything done on the Minecraft server.

To get into the Minecraft server, you'll first need to register and purchase a paid account at minecraft.net. After you have done so, you can either play the the game through the browser, or download the client .exe from the Minecraft website. Please note that you'll need Sun Microsystem's Java to play Minecraft. Once you have accessed the game (either through the desktop client or through your browser), you will want to click on 'Multiplayer' and type in the server address, minecraft.xantar.net.

I can't Login. Help!

You are not White-listed. please go here, and apply

• nah man, it broke because they deleted Darkdragonsoul's account

• Yeah, apparently mass delete is borked. I have been meaning to post in the Bug Reporting forum about that because I wasn't ready for a new thread yet.

Edit: And done!

• @coopdegra: they deleted my account when

• @darkdragonsoul99: Accidently. It was, what, a couple of weeks ago..? Will was able to restore it, but it seems all or most of your old posts are gone.

• server down?

• @zmaster: Appears to be. :( Was in the mood to play minecraft on multiplayer for once. guess I'll just get back to my single player dungeon with dogs in bikinis.

• The server has been off and on. I've been trying to take it down while nobody is on and only dong that for (hopefully) not too long periods of time.

• And I should be done for the evening. Dig away!

• @Toxeia: I tried to promote to citizen rank but it wouldnt let me, you dont need to be added to the whitelist, just hop on and someone will promote

• I logged on and didn't have permissions to build, but that also included eating :/ lol

Seems I can log onto the game, but it tells me when I try the website that my username/pass is wrong.

Hopefully it's just due to their downtime issues. I even reset my password to be sure.

• Yea, I can't build either. Do I need to be whitelisted again?

• @beerzombie: you have to be promoted by a mod

• If coopdegra or a mod don't get to it, I'll fix you two when I get home from work.

• I will be on at either 2:30 or 3 at the latest
  • Sent a request, I've been meaning to check in with this server since that Happy Hour, better late than never!

• @WhiskeyAbe: @beerzombie: @Toxeia ok you guys are all set

@Hizang: you just need to hop on the server and i'll get you added.

• @coopdegra: I'm on now :)

• @Hizang: ok, you are all set, next time you log on, you should be able to build

• @coopdegra: Thank you so much, from what i saw its an amazing server.

• Woop, should have posted this sooner, I guess!

The next update of Minecraft, version 1.4.2, is scheduled to hit October 25, 2012 (tomorrow, as of this writing). What this means for the server is that the mod that we use will probably not be updated in time. I do not intend to update the server until the Bukkit has been released, which I hope won't take more than a week. So if you want to continue playing, hold off on clicking that update button.

For those of you who do stick around doing this period might find the server going down repeatedly. I plan to take advantage of this time to do some maintenance work on the server.

• now that there is a beta craftbukkit build, is the server going to be updated to 1.4?

• @zmaster: we are waiting on a better build, this one seems to be a bit unstable and filled with a few nasty bugs.

• The beta build isn't available in the control panel, actually. The version of 1.4.2 R0.1 up there now is an earlier dev version and would most likely break if I installed it.

• Alright guys, update your clients! We're on a beta build of Bukkit 1.4.2 so expect some potential wonkyness.

• wonkyness as in the server not being up

• Nah, just down temporarily so I can update my backup.

Okay guys, I'm in the process of moving everything to a new host. The old server will remain up, but any changes made will not be carried over to the new server from this point forward.

The new server is being hosted at testedmc.game.nfoservers.com, but don't put that in your server list! If you want to make sure you connect to the server, connect to testedmc.bluecolorpencils.com.

@xantar, feel free to update the cname on minecraft.xantar.net to testedmc.game.nfoservers.com.

• Alright, the transfer is now complete! I've updated the domain for testedmc.bluecolorpencils.com, so please begin connecting to that. If you see the following message when you log in, you know you're on the right server: http://bluecolorpencils.com/uploads/2012-11-05_01-05-44.png

Domain updates sometimes take upwards of 24 hours to propogate, so check back later if you end up on the old server. I'll be taking the old server offline after a couple of days.

• @evil_gordita: so after finishing up the teleporter returns yesterday and thinking i was all good, i see your message on here.