Quantcast

MINECRAFT: Tested.Com Official and ever expanding server!

Created by xantar on March 15, 2012, 7:22 p.m.
  • Server Status: ONLINE (8/1/12) Running 1.3.1 Vanilla

This thread had moved : http://www.tested.com/forums/games/449334-minecraft-official-server-continued-thread/

Ground Rules:

-the server is not afk friendly. AFKing will get you kicked (not banned)

-do not make changes to other people's creations or attempt to infringe on their building space without their permission. If you're unsure if something belongs to someone, assume it does.

-DO NOT Build Directly on established Paths

-Do Not build giant ugly structures and abandon them

-do NOT raid chests.

-the golden rule: don't be a dick.

-Have fun!

I'm new... help!

We've got you covered. There isn't an ingame tutorial (yet), but here is some material to help you get started in game.

1. [Wiki] Minecraft Crafting Guide - recipes for many in-game items.
    2. [Video] How to Survive your First night [in Minecraft] - gives excellent insight on the basic aspects of minecraft. Building, crafting, etc.
    3. [Text] Mind the Gap - Rock Paper Shotgun's own Minecraft guide to getting started.
    4. Start small. Choose a project that you can achieve, then branch out and experiment!

Alright. I'm ready.

Cool. You can join the server at minecraft.xantar.net. The server works on a light-moderation, heavy-consequence basis: if you do something that really ruins the gameplay for other players, you can be handed a lengthy account ban on the server. Offenses and account suspensions on the Minecraft server are in no way affiliated, linked or related to your Whiskey media/Tested account - they're two separate entities, and you will not receive a ban on the forums for anything done on the Minecraft server.

To get into the Minecraft server, you'll first need to register and purchase a paid account at minecraft.net. After you have done so, you can either play the the game through the browser, or download the client .exe from the Minecraft website. Please note that you'll need Sun Microsystem's Java to play Minecraft. Once you have accessed the game (either through the desktop client or through your browser), you will want to click on 'Multiplayer' and type in the server address, minecraft.xantar.net.

I can't Login. Help!

You are not White-listed. please go here, and apply

or in the whitelist topic @ forum.xantar.net

Server Cartograph

A final map was generated on 3/18/2012. it is frickin Huge!

There is a server map at map.xantar.net (big-ass tectonicus)

Misc Server Information

The server is running offsite at a vmlweb server.

Other Info & Funding

The server runs on community donations.More details @ forum.xantar.net

• Memories of the Past:

Videos of the Past:

•                Had to post this again   
        September 18 2010 - March 19 2011
  • Seeing that video has me hoping to dip back in.  

Username: gooee
  • server down? 
  • @Rallier: from talking to xantar on the server for a little, he said theres some bad weather happening where we is, IE trees falling down, power being off for a while.
  • It is back up. some gates are broken. Post broken ones if you want to.
  • Why are there enemy mobs on the server?
  • @darkdragonsoul99: You don't need to ever worry about knowing if your structure is ugly or not, we will most likely put a sign on the building saying its ugly or post about in on this thread.  The only one who reserve judgement for actually taking down a building are Xantar and the other Ops, and even as an Op i will always ask Xantar to remove a building.  If your building is giant and ugly, but its in the middle of nowhere then your fine, but if its giant and ugly and right at the main spawn or infringing on someone else's building spot, then we have a problem. I hope i answered your concerns
  • @falco_eagle:  Mobs are now on, but health is off, also creepers are off

• I actually ended up taking 7 screenshots yesterday accidentally.  This here boys and girls is not where you want to end up.

• Hey guys, I applied last week sometime..any chace of obtaining membership so I can get creative? 

User: snapit5 

Thanks!
  • @SnapIt5 said:
    " Hey guys, I applied last week sometime..any chace of obtaining membership so I can get creative?  User: snapit5  Thanks! "
    Lag is really bad at the moment but i promoted you to "default"
  • Man I haven't dropped by the minecraft server in a long time, maybe after I get through all these exams I'll drop in for some fun. Do I still have building abilities?
  • @LtSquigs: if not, I'm sure we can rank you up, anything for the man who built the sky island.
  • I would like in. 

Username: TXPhisher
  • @LtSquigs: yeah if you need promoted, I can vouch for you're adv builder status at least :)  Sky Island is still standing, the wolves of wolfsylvania must scare the griefers away ;)

also, I found the hall of heroes today.  nice :) 

Where's the wall of shame? :P
  • @WolfOfOne: It's not far away from the "testing grounds". I'm logged in atm so if you like i can show it to you.  

Also finally finished that boat i've been working on. Made it into a bistro boat. Still need to do the inside though.
  • I would hop on but my laptop can't play Minecraft for crap lol.  I'm just going to have to wait until my desktop is back up and running.
  • I used to love walking around seeing all the cool stuff people built, gives me ideas for the server I run. Sign me up please: welshons
  • @nick: hop on the server and we'll add you. 
  • @Rallier: Just tried now, but I don't believe anyone was on. I'll try again later :)
  •   
      Good times  

• https://twitter.com/#!/jeb_/status/50550632528097280 

When you sleep in a bed it will set your respawn point (in beta 1.4). Doesn't work if you remove the bed #minecraft

• Question: How do you guys get your resources? Do you let users spawn them or do they have to farm them? Or is there some other way I don;t know about?
  • @nick: You mine/collect/craft them
  • Anyone else having problems logging on?
  • @TheBootlegSaint: I couldn't get in either... 

@Rallier:  What about kits?
  • @nick: Kits only give you a bit of material and you can only use the command every 10 min. It is more for when you are in a pinch. the kit command is also the only way to get material that can only be found on the nether on the server.  

edit: server seems to be down yeah. 

• @nick: type /kit for a list of available kits 

then type /kit [kitname] to receive that kit.