What game are you currently playing?

Created by Voxel on March 15, 2012, 6:54 p.m.
  • Otherwise known as "What game is currently in your console?" For me, it's Bad Company 2. It's fantastic.
  • I've some work I need to finish, but I have Bad Company 2 and Heavy Rain waiting for me, also got Final Fantasy 13 on the way.
  • Heavy Rain sort of I guess. But right now what is in my PS3 is Uncharted 2, and my 360 has Street Fighter IV in it. For PC I am mostly playing WoW.
  • Knights in the Nightmare tutorials. I've heard there's a game somewhere in there too.
  • Dead or Alive 4 mostly but Blur Beta, Modern Warfare 2 and Resident Evil 5 also take my attention right now. the only games coming up soon that i'm interested in are God of War III, Just Cause 2 and Valkyria Chronicles 2. 
  • @natetodamax: fable 2, tinker, and bioshock 2
  • I am playing BioShock 2 and Tropico 2, both on Xbox 360.  I am about ship Tropico 3 back to GameFly and get Dante's Inferno (360) shipped to me.
  • FFXIII (US version) after finishing the japanese version.  I'm interested in localization, so playing both. 

Also have White Knight Chronicles on my todo list.
  • At the moment, I'm replaying Silent Hill. I'm not really sure why since I still have about half of DA:O to go.
  • I'm playing a lot of the Blur Beta, with some Street Fighter Alpha 3, Marvel vs. Capcom and Quake Live mixed in.
  • I'm about to start playing Hotel Dusk: Room 215.
  • @CitizenKane said:
    " I am playing BioShock 2 and Tropico 2, both on Xbox 360.  I am about ship Tropico 3 back to GameFly and get Dante's Inferno (360) shipped to me. "
    I have been loving Tropico 3. Nothing like ruling your own third world nation to calm the nerves. Where it really hit home was in like, hour 6, when I realized I knew what was best for the island, and the citizens kepts fighting me, college professors wanted to be farmers, doctors joined the church, and so on.

At the point where I started issuing reprogramming and "accidents" to these digital sprites as punishments they wouldn't learn from, for crimes they wouldn't understand, I knew the game had truly done something well.

Anyways, on topic, I'm playing the "Be stuck at work, fantasizing about FFXIII." Its fun, but not that fun.
  • Mass Effect 2 and Civilizations IV: Beyond the Sword which I'm playing in order to hype me up for Civilizations V.
  • Darksiders and Street Fighter 4. I should really finish Darksiders. 
  • @Dan said:
    " Darksiders and Street Fighter 4. I should really finish Darksiders.  "
    In an attempt to slow down your posting rampage, you are hereby forbidden from posting in my threads!!!1
  • Really guys? We couldn't keep this kind of stuff on GB? Honestly, I'm all for expanding Tested, but considering like 80% of you are from GB anyway... This just seems kind of strange, odd, and weird. All of those things. 
  • @Fripplebubby said:
    " Really guys? We couldn't keep this kind of stuff on GB? Honestly, I'm all for expanding Tested, but considering like 80% of you are from GB anyway... This just seems kind of strange, odd, and weird. All of those things.  "
    Well considering it's in the section called GAMES I don't see why this is a problem.  Games are tech anyway.
  • @natetodamax said:
    " @Dan said:
    " Darksiders and Street Fighter 4. I should really finish Darksiders.  "
    In an attempt to slow down your posting rampage, you are hereby forbidden from posting in my threads!!!1 "
    Listen here bub, I'll post where I want and when I want. Just remember that with each reply you give me, I have another reason to return and post yet again!
  • @Fripplebubby:  
    Well, they do have a games forum, so some discussion of it is fine.  Just not a whole lot. 

Kinda like how Anime Vice still has a Final Fantasy forum, even though that is also a game.  It's just not this site's whole focus.
  • @Shayo said:
    " Playing Borderlands and too much of it. Had a dream where I was shooting midgets and setting them on fire with my SMG "
    That ain't right.
  • @ArchScabby said:
    " @Fripplebubby said:
    " Really guys? We couldn't keep this kind of stuff on GB? Honestly, I'm all for expanding Tested, but considering like 80% of you are from GB anyway... This just seems kind of strange, odd, and weird. All of those things.  "
    Well considering it's in the section called GAMES I don't see why this is a problem.  Games are tech anyway. "
    Right, but most people here came from a website about videogames. Why would you go from a videogame website to a tech website to post about VIDEOGAMES? 
  • Bad Company 2, Killzone 2, Mass Effect 2, Baldur's Gate, Dragon Age, Borderlands, Greed Corp, and Torchlight. 

That's about it.
  • Just finished Red Alert 3 on hard with a friend. Our last mission was the Allied one. Goddamn... that's one frustrating son of a bitch.
  • 360:SOTN, MW2
  • Xbox 360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Modern Warfare 2, FFXIII (not a lot) and the Blur Multiplayer Beta. Waiting for Metro 2033, Just Cause 2 and some arcade games.
    DS: Just waiting for the new Pokemon on Sunday. 
  • @godslam:  
    How is Blur?  I was interested in it, looks like a Mario Kart type game but with real cars in place of the Karts.
  • @Addfwyn said:
    " @godslam:  How is Blur?  I was interested in it, looks like a Mario Kart type game but with real cars in place of the Karts. "
    The best way to describe is is Mario Kart + Burnout + Forza/PGR/NFS.  

The driving physics aren't completely there, but they're good enough to make you want to actually play. Then with real makes and models of cars, you can actually feel like you're driving something nice. And last, but not least, the powers are awesome. There's also the mods you can use for your cars, which are like perks from CoD. In the beta you can only get to rank 10 right now and 15 before the beta ends. But it's good enough for me to want to buy it. I actually have a key if you want it. Oh and if you have a 360. 

It's not really comparable to any games out there right now. It makes me feel like I'm playing an upgraded Mario Kart. And since that was my childhood, I'm happy enough with that. But it gives you ranks to work towards, so you'll want to keep playing and getting better cars, mods and upgrades.
  • @godslam:  
    Alas, no 360, gotta wait for a PS3 beta or it to just come out on PS3.   Sounds good though, I'll probably check it out at some point.
  • Forgot i had Street Fighter IV on my computer, time to kick some ass.

• I'm playing the Blur beta a fair bit right now. Other than that I'm going through General Knoxx. Not knowing anyone else who has the PC version makes it harder than it should be though.