So what is your favorite game of all time?

Created by Emandudeguyperson on March 15, 2012, 6:44 p.m.
  • Although I've wasted several thousand hours with Counter-strike, I've to say either Quake 3 or Mass effect.
  • I'd have to say Quake 3 Arena/Live.  I still play it at least once a week.
  • Tetris...jesus I have played that game for many a fortnight...
  • The only Call of Duty that I consider to be a COD game: Call of Duty and COD: United Offensive.  Everything else was utter shit.
  • I had SO much fun with GTA: San Andreas, but I can't choose it as my favorite because I like a lot of different games.
  • @Emandudeguyperson: 

Much better.

Maggots.
  • Hard to decide, I've played so many great games in my life.
  • @CL60 said:
    " Hard to decide, I've played so many great games in my life. "
    Pick you top 5 then.
  • @CL60: 

Yeah, there were like ten Leisure Suit Larry games alone!
  • @lane said:
    " @CL60:   Yeah, there were like ten Leisure Suit Larry games alone! "
    BOOM
  • it's a toss up between doom 2 and quake.  probably quake.
  • @cowgod said:
    " it's a toss up between doom 2 and quake.  probably quake. "
    Which Quake? The original?
  • @Emandudeguyperson said:
    Which Quake? The original? "
    yep, the original quake.  that was the game that solidified my love for pc gaming.  i played a lot of wolfenstein 3d and doom, but quake took it to the next level of obsession.
  • Whatever is holding my attention for the time being is my favorite. It'll be something different in a month.
  • @Kane said:
    " Whatever is holding my attention for the time being is my favorite. It'll be something different in a month. "
    Sounds like you have ADD.
  • I'm sorta sad not to see it on this list, but my favorite game of all-time is Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I put hours upon hours into that game. I've put more time into games like Gears of War 2 and Halo 3, but none of them have impacted my view of games as much as Oblivion. It's made me think of different types of games that I may want to make.
  • half life 2, its the reason i got into computers
  • @Berserk said:
    " FF7 and Metal Gear Solid "
    How original -__-
  • @Berserk said:
    " @Emandudeguyperson said:
    " @Berserk said:
    How original -__- "
    And whats wrong with that. "
    I don't even want to get into it, from now on I'm going to have a "no heated argument policy."
  • Resident Evil 4. simply outstanding game.  

@Berserk
    said:
    MGS is up there, too. truly amazing game 
  • @Emandudeguyperson said:
    " @Berserk said:
    " @Berserk said:
    How original -__- "
    I don't even want to get into it, from now on I'm going to have a "no heated argument policy." "
    Well you don't have to be original. He is just stating an opinion.
  • @CL60 said:
    " @Berserk said:
    " @Berserk said:
    How original -__- "
    I don't even want to get into it, from now on I'm going to have a "no heated argument policy." "
    Well you don't have to be original. He is just stating an opinion. "
    Good for him.
  • Apparently nobody here likes games?
  • Always will be Ocarina of Time. Not that I think it's the best game I've every played, it'll just always be special to me. 
  • Ouch, I have to pick just one? 
    Probably Xenogears, I can say it actually changed my life in some ways/how I think about some things in life.  Not something I can say usually happens for a video game.
  • I can't choose between Half-Life 2 (and Episode 2), Super Mario World, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. I love all of them so much.
  • I usually say Resident Evil 4 or Super Mario 64 when it comes to these topics. Flip a coin for today's pick (heads is Resident Evil).
  • Thief II: The Metal Age, Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn, and/or Killzone 2.
  • @JeffGoldblum said:
    " Monopoly. "
    Which version? The SNES version?

• Burnout Paradise 

Doubt you thought anyone would ever say that. I've sunk at least 90 hours into that game. The driving is perfect, driving around Paradise City is fun, finding billboards, super jumps and smashes is fun and the online Free Roam is fun. I've met some of the sickest people online through Burnout Paradise, and have two 100% saves on each console.