What's Best Coffee Mug?

Created by CouchPotatoTalk on March 7, 2013, 12:18 p.m.
  • I'm in need of a new mug. I have a 30 minute drive to work and want something that will keep my coffee nice and hot while driving. I also want it big enough so I can continue to sip out of it all morning.

I had a cheap-o tumbler I got from Walmart last year but I seem to have misplaced it during the movie. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • @CouchPotatoTalk: I think this is a no brainer....

Seriously its time for a Second run
  • I would get that in a heartbeat!

• Can't really go past the Zojirushi Vacuum Bottles. No risk of spillage and your coffee will stay warm all day.

I make my coffee before I go to bed, by the time I wake up it's nearly at the optimal drinking temperature (will still burn your mouth if you drink too fast).

Can get them from Amazon or eBay. Larger one is better at 16oz.

• I don't like sippy cup-style coffee mugs, so my advice may not apply. I have a Zojirushi Tuff Mug and it is absolutely amazing. It keeps things almost too hot at times. It is nice too because I am big on thorough cleanings and the thing is completely disassemblable for cleaning(other than the vacuum sealed part obviously). I've used it for about 4 months and couldn't be happier.

Here's a picture of Mine from when I first got it

I guess the moral of the story is get Zojirushi. It is high quality stuff.

• @CouchPotatoTalk: Zojirushi can get pricey. If it's too much, hop on camelcamecamel.com to set up a price watch. I'm looking to replace mine (lent it out, and got it back dented), but not until it gets back down to $25-$30 range.

• Glad I found this thread. I'm in need for a new office mug. I've got pair of ceramic mugs that are nice and big, but they don't travel to meetings well and keep them at home. I'm using an old SBux travel mug right now, but it's a little tippy for keeping beside me at my desk.

I can't stand the lid, it gets nasty, and can't be disassembled to be cleaned.

I typically use it without the lid, and coffee gets cold too fast. The lid pours way too slow anyways. If i could get a stout version of the Zojirushi, I'd likely be sold.

Oh, and when is the new Tested mug coming out! I regret not getting the original one previously.

• Still use that Tuff Mug just for the record. I still really like it. I bought one of my parents one of the pop-top style Zojirushis for Christmas and they like it a ton too. Though disappointingly the packaging comes in English now.

• Hydro flask coffee mug..... I also use there regular wide mouth Hydro flask that I can screw shit so I can drop in my pack and never fear leakage. Keeps it hot for HOURS and HOURS

also make the best beer growler...FYI

• @Ben_H said:

I don't like sippy cup-style coffee mugs, so my advice may not apply. I have a Zojirushi Tuff Mug and it is absolutely amazing. It keeps things almost too hot at times. It is nice too because I am big on thorough cleanings and the thing is completely disassemblable for cleaning(other than the vacuum sealed part obviously). I've used it for about 4 months and couldn't be happier.

Here's a picture of Mine from when I first got it

I guess the moral of the story is get Zojirushi. It is high quality stuff.

My wife has recently gotten into bringing coffee to work to sip through the day and I bought her a new Zojirushi as a surprise and man, that thing is awesome. Hot coffee is still hot 12 hours later.

• The Contigo 16 oz. Autoseal West Loop Travel Mug, has served me well for over 1,5 years now and it still amazes me with it`s ease of use, toughness and great looks (lots of colors to choose from as well!). The lid is awesome and the risk of spilling is next to none. If 16 oz isn´t enough there is a 20 oz one... Preheated mug and steaming hot coffee filled to the brim will give you about 4,5 hours of nice warm coffee.

• @Ben_H:  mine's exactly like yours and i've had it over a year and a half now. It works great. Only now, I really want one of the sippy mug style ones that you wouldn't want.. I hate having to fiddle with the cap on my drive.
  • @CouchPotatoTalk: My bf and I love our Bodums:

http://www.bodum.com/gb/en-us/shop/detail/K11067-01/

He bought one for me to celebrate my first job that involves working on-call, and these mugs are stylish, keep my tea hot for HOURS, and come with two lids - one for tea/hot choc and a press lid for really good coffee. They also come in different colours - black, white, red, purple and green. :)

• I agree with @zigorama and @Orthotist. I've been using my Contigo autoseal for months now and absolutely love it. I opted for the 20 oz. version so it lasts me the whole day. It keeps my tea reasonably hot for about 6 or 7 hours, and is still warm 10 hours later.

• i agree with them und i have a Contigo too. it is my favorite!