Film Photography!

Created by connorleland on Sept. 28, 2016, 11:10 p.m.
  • After skimming through camera topics I've seen nothing but digital! Making this topic to see fellow film/ alternative process photographers in the tested community. Post your cameras, photos, darkroom setups and whatnot. Also would like to hear what you like about it. Personally I like film because it feels like the original embodiment of photography. Going back to the original greek word phōt translating into light, I find it immensely intriguing film is an actual evident reaction of light reacting to silver halide crystals on a strip of plastic. Even more fun is the illusion of a positive image when it's actually a negative such as wet collodion on black enamel, i.e. tintype like the one that is of me on my profile picture.

Happy posting, looking forward to seeing everyones toys

P.S. If there's another thread with film photography link me to it please!

• I've got a Pentax ME, but not used it in years as I don't have access to a darkroom.

• @seanblah12: You definitely should use it again! Message me if you have questions about it

• The Pentax ME was my first introduction to shooting 35mm and I absolutely love it, it was my father's camera, bought about 10 years before I was born and I've now stolen it!

I loved it so much that a couple of years ago I treated myself to a Pentax 645 which has been an amazing step up and has allowed me to get close to shots that I would only be able to achieve on a 25k digital camera.