Stuck/hot pixel on Canon 550D

Created by akaGajba on March 21, 2016, 5:56 a.m.
  • A friend bought a used Canon 550D, and after a couple of months noticed there was a stuck white pixel. I googled the problem, and it seems people had success with manual sensor cleaning, though that didn't work for my freind. Is there a way to fix that?

• if it is on the LCD screen, then you are stuck. Canon will not fix/ replace for just one pixel. It doesn't affect the quality of the photographs, correct? It's just an annoyance?

• @DragonDan: No, not on the LCD. On the sensor. You can't even tell there's a white dot on the LCD until you zoom in on the part of the captured photo. It's not easy to spot in photos (but it's there), but it is very noticeable in video.

• unfortunately, you cant unstick a pixel unless your camera has "pixel Remapping." newer cameras like my xpro 2 has this feature... thank god too, because I had a red hot pixel smack dab in the middle of my sensor...so check to see if you have pixel mapping in the 550D, unfortunately im a Nikon and Fuji user so im dumb when it comes to canon