What was your latest photo?

Created by stenchlord on Dec. 24, 2013, 5:33 a.m.
  • @iesvilla: Fair enough, we're talking opinions either way. I'm standing by mine though. :)

On a completely different note, I was digging around my hard drive and found this from a while back; it's a snapshot I grabbed at 31C3 back in December. More or less botched the exposure in camera, but a bit of [mucking about in] Lightroom later, and I kind of like the result. So there you have it, a real world bat signal. Batman didn't show up though, the lazy bastard. :)

Batsignal projected onto Radisson Blu Hotel at Congress Centre Hamburg, during the 31st Chaos Communication Congress
  • So apparently this damn forum grabs image captions from EXIF? Well that's bloody annoying.

• I have just recently purchased a Nikon D750 Full frame DSLR, and it is Incredible! I'm totally in love with this camera haha Here are a couple of street portraits I grabbed the other day while testing it out! I'm really happy with this shot, I think this is one of my favourite shots I've taken, I'm considering entering a couple of portrait competitions. I'd love some feedback before I go ahead and enter anything just to be sure I'm doing the most I can.

D750

Tamron 18 - 270mm

• Early morning, salt marsh, Stony Creek, CT

• Lichen Tree, Branford Land Trust, CT

• Lindsey Cove, Short Beach, CT

• As a big Adam savage fan I got myself the same Leatherman multi tool, so here it is...

photo was taken with my canon 7D using the canon 100mm 2.8 macro hope you like it (it does make a nice desktop background)

• Fresh Dupli-Color Custom Wrapped wheels.

iPhone 6 Plus, edited in Lightroom.

• How much did those cost?

• The wheels? They're just stock Mazda 2 alloys. The paint is about $25 per can and it's fairly easy to use.
  • I assumed "custom wrapped" meant they were vinyl stickers like rally cars now use for their liveries.

I didn't realize it was just paint.

• It's a rubber coating that can be peeled off if needed.

Custom Wrap is the paint style, It's similar to Plasti-Dip but much more affordable and we didnt want to spend a whole lot.
  • Pudding and strawberries N5...

• Just finished editing ~300 photos from Anime Detour, my first convention of the season: www.flickr.com/photos/ygktech/

A few of the highlights:

Princess Serenity from Sailor Moon by Alison Young:

www.facebook.com/alisonyoungcos

Based on concept art by NoFlutter:

www.facebook.com/NoFlutter

Crimson Viper from Street Fighter by Calif0rniaKing cosplay:

www.facebook.com/Calif0rniaKing

• I stayed up late a couple of nights ago and caught the lunar eclipse/blood moon with my new Panasonic Lumix FZ70.

I struggled to get it in focus with the autofocus when the moon was dark. I'm still learning my way around a non-iphone camera.

The clouds started to roll in a bit right as it started happening.

• I recently spent two weeks in Tokyo, except for two days and two nights where I took a shinkansen west to Kyoto. I'm back to work so I don't have a whole lot of time to go through my photos, but here's one of them at Kiyomizu-dera in Kyoto.

• Nexus 7, most likely my son who operated the trigger. Literally the last photo in my Dropbox image upload folder, I suspect some people in this thread cheats a bit with the "last" part of the instructions ;)

• Picture Taken for a friend. Of his latest Instrument build, Which is just about ready to ship to its owner. Taken in a dark room, Illuminated only by a sheet of Moon Glow plastic. Which is the same material used for the fret markers.

Camera - Canon 5DMk3

Lens - Canon 24mm f1.4 L

Exposure Time - 2.5sec

Aperture - f/1.4

Film Speed - ISO 1000

• One of the nicer images from a shoot I did last weekend:

Clicking on the image should bring you to my Flickr gallery.

• Something seems to be wrong with the edit post functionality right now,

The model is Melissa Adorn: https://www.facebook.com/AdornCosplay

Full size copy of the image available in my gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ygktech/

• Osprey in Flight - Two weekends ago.

• Vacation pic of my friend.

Camera - Canon EOS-M

Lens - Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM

Exposure Time - 1/200s

Aperture - f/6.3

Film Speed - ISO 100

• Taken at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.

• Winters are usually slim shooting for me. So here's a shot from my last upload to Flickr. Took this Nov 23, 2015 at YWG.

-matt

• The Grand Cascade designed by Capability Brown in the 1760's. I used a 70D, 10 stop ND filer, 17-40mm L and a 25 second exposure.

[img]https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1514/26346811625_3e16342750_c.jpg[/img]

• Not my latest picture, but definitely my latest photo.