Possible @Notification Bug

Created by WolfOfOne on Dec. 6, 2017, 3:06 p.m.
  • Just got a ton of emails from tested.com for @mentions, most of which were from 5 years ago! A nice nostalgic moment reading them I suppose but just thought I'd let you guys know there might be something wrong with them.

• @WolfOfOne: This is definitely a bug and definitely not our intention, so we really apologize for the annoyance. We've found out what was causing the issue and stopped the process, but unfortunately, several notifications have already gone through.

We'll do our best to make sure this doesn't happen again.

• Thanks, it's fine just wanted to let you know. Haven't gotten any more old notifications.

• @tested_support: I just had some old notifications pop through again in my email. Not the hundreds like the first time, only a handful, but something is broken again.

Also, potentially unrelated bug, it's impossible to change the notification setting in users' settings. Unchecking the box for emails, hitting save, and when the page reloads the box is still checked.

• @Falcon: Apologies for the messages again. As you may have guessed, we are doing some clean up work on the back end of these forums (mostly related to restoring Will's sticky posts.) Would it be possible for you to write to support@tested.com and paste the text (and any included links) to one of the messages you received? It would be very helpful for our tracking to see which previous posts are being triggered in your notifications. Of course, we are trying to make these fixes without affecting most of our visitors, but some are bound to slip through the cracks as the database regenerates.