Pinned posts on General Discussion have no original post

Created by sarahnade on Nov. 29, 2017, 3:13 a.m.
  • I'm brand new, so sorry if I'm missing something, but the pinned posts in the General Discussion tab all seem to have lost their original posts. I tried to read the "read this first" threads, but the only posts in there are "thanks!" etc. I checked other threads and I'm able to see the first post.

Also when I clicked on the author links of those threads, I get a 404. So assuming the accounts (and their posts) have been deleted? If so, maybe someone can unpin those threads, or maybe create new ones with the relevant info?

• My thoughts exactly....

• @sarahnade: We're currently working on a solution to restore the original posts for these topics. Unfortunately, the issue is not as simple as it may seem, as regenerating these topics and comments requires some work on the user profile level of the accounts in question. If we can find a solution that doesn't add inconvenience to many other users, the posts will be restored to their original form. If we can't, the stickiness of these posts will be removed and they will be replaced with new information.