Quantcast

Getting 2 seperate posts in my inbox for 1 blog responce

Created by Emandudeguyperson on March 15, 2012, 6:21 p.m.
  • If somebody posts a comment in my blog as a direct reply to me, I get 2 e-mails in my inbox that are the exact same message. Is this supposed to happen? Also, phantom mail is still happening...
  • I would assume that it's not supposed to happen. But yeah, phantom mail bug does indeed still exist.
  • I imagine that they're registering separately as a blog response and a forum response.

I still don't really get the whole "blogs turning into forum posts" thing. Is this common on other Whiskey sites? It doesn't seem sustainable as the community grows. I always thought of blogs on community sites as a way to keep your personal thoughts from cluttering up discussion in the forums.
  • @lane said:
    " I imagine that they're registering separately as a blog response and a forum response.  I still don't really get the whole "blogs turning into forum posts" thing. Is this common on other Whiskey sites? It doesn't seem sustainable as the community grows. I always thought of blogs on community sites as a way to keep your personal thoughts from cluttering up discussion in the forums. "
    You have an option to post your blog on the forum or keep it on your profile page.
  • @lane:  
    Yeah, other whiskey sites do it too.  It's an option, but a fair number of the people I see post their blogs on the forums. 

A lot of time, they just tend to be longer than average forum posts.  
  • @CL60: 
    Oh, I see. That sounds kind of handy I guess, though I don't know what advantage that has over just making a forum post. I'm sure it'll become more apparent to me as time goes on.
  • @lane said:
    " @CL60:  Oh, I see. That sounds kind of handy I guess, though I don't know what advantage that has over just making a forum post. I'm sure it'll become more apparent to me as time goes on. "
    More people will see it if you make it a forum post. And most people want people to see their blogs.
  • @lane:  
     Yeah, I never make my posts blogs usually, I just write a long forum post.  I guess if you keep a blog on the site and you want to make certain (but not all) entries public forum entries, it'd be handy for that
  • @CL60: 
    So can blogs be "locked" like forum threads if they're inane or spammy? I'm sorry, I've never used a Whiskey site until this one, so this is all Greek to me.
  • @lane said:
    " @CL60:  So can blogs be "locked" like forum threads if they're inane or spammy? I'm sorry, I've never used a Whiskey site until this one, so this is all Greek to me. "
    Yeah, I believe they can be locked/deleted.

• @CL60 said:
    " @lane said:
    " @CL60:  So can blogs be "locked" like forum threads if they're inane or spammy? I'm sorry, I've never used a Whiskey site until this one, so this is all Greek to me. "
    Yeah, I believe they can be locked/deleted. "
    They can, it's happened to me.