Forum Broken

Created by spacebovine on Feb. 10, 2016, 8:54 p.m.
  • Hi guys. I tried to post last night and the forum seemed even flakier than usual. It looks like my post is now just a title with an empty post. Firstly, is anyone else having more issues than usual with the forum and secondly,can someone please delete the post as it seems like I can't.

Thanks

• I am having same issues. (Either "again" or "still") here in December 2017.

• @Herbie555: Can you please describe the issue you are experiencing? Is it exactly the same as the one described by spacebovine above? If you are trying to post a forum, but you only see a topic, most likely something in the comment itself is triggered by the spam filter. Happy to work on this issue with you here, or you can always write to us via email (support@tested.com) to start a support ticket where we can discuss the details of your post outside of the public forum.

• Can't post any links, nor quote replies, that too can't be done, I can only post simple text, no links no replies to a person.

• @animek02 said:

Can't post any links, nor quote replies, that too can't be done, I can only post simple text, no links no replies to a person.

Testing quote replies.

• @animek02: There is definitely a long standing issue with finding member via @ to form a reply. Unfortunately, that mechanism looks like it might need a complete rebuild, but we'll have someone take a look. (I know the forums in general need a rebuild... But we'll try to check as many of these bugs as we can in the meantime. We recently spent some time getting the photo uploader working again.) I'm able to reply to you and quote you. That certainly doesn't mean that function is not also buggy, just not unilateral, which may take some deeper diagnosis.

Posting links should work, but the syntax of the link may be triggering a false positive spam response. Do you mind sharing which link (as plain text) you most recently tried to post and it failed? I'll look into it.

• @tested_support said:

@animek02 said:

Can't post any links, nor quote replies, that too can't be done, I can only post simple text, no links no replies to a person.

Testing quote replies.

test

http://www.tested.com/

• So it is on the site that I always get an error refusing a quote link, or just an hyperlink.

• www.tested.com Says:

An error occured while posting your comment.

• I seem to be able to reply to existing topics, but twice have tried to create a topic and I only see an "empty" thread - a title but no post text. When I return later, the whole thread seems to be absent.

I've been wary of trying too many times to create a thread as I don't want to end up getting flagged as spam, but thus far I'm 0/2 or 0/3 on thread creation.

• Also same issue with an error when trying to quote replies. I tried to reply to @tested_support and wasn't able to post that message.

• @tested_support This may be a dumb question - but is there any reason why you don't use a free forum software like: https://www.phpbb.com/ - I have been using it as an administrator for some years - and it works very well for a free piece of software...

• @DanRKnudsen: That's a very good question. To be honest, I haven't been involved with Tested since it's inception, but from what I understand, the desire to trudge forward with an (admittedly half baked) house solution was in the hope of building these forums into a much more robust and meaningful experience for the Tested community at some point in the future. So the simple integration of an off the shelf piece of software had been overshadowed by the promise of a bigger, brighter tomorrow (which obviously has yet to come to fruition.)

However, I can say with confidence that the team here is dedicated to creating a better experience for Tested members, so all options are currently on the table. We fully expect to make a dent in truly improving the forum experience in the coming year.

PS, apologies if you have received multiple notifications on this answer. We are testing multiple solutions for fixing the issues with @ replies.

• @tested_support – Thanks for the reply - and yes - I got 5 notifications: 2 just with the link and 3 with the answer and the link.

And of course it's silly to suggest a ready-to-use solution to somebody with the catch frase "Explore. Make. Test" ;)