Bug Reports Go Here!

Created by will on Dec. 11, 2012, 12:59 p.m.
  • Not sure if these are bugs, but here are the things I have noticed so far:

• Area between category name and drop down is not clickable nor does it produce the dropdown (i.e, between "Podcast" and "v").
    • Header images are not clickable
    • For some reason, clicking the "X comments" on Norm's recent Han Solo article does not take me directly to the comments. Does this have something to do with the CMS?

Edit: Also, can a "go to last post" button be added to the forum? Thanks!

• The images in http://www.tested.com/about/ haven't been updated yet : (

• The font issue seems to be fixed now!

• The Facebook sharing popup you get by clicking the like button seems to get cut off*:

• Maybe not a bug, but still something weird. In the Metro version of IE10 on Windows RT I get the "Your browser does not support our text editor. Here is a simple textarea to write in." thing. It works fine on the desktop like it always had. But on Windows Phone 8 IE10 I get all the text editing options. Can anyone shed some light on this?
  • For @gpbmike , here's a picture of what I was talking about with Youtube videos in Metro IE10. It still functions fine, but looks weird. It looks like that before playing a video as well.

• @Falcon said:

For @gpbmike , here's a picture of what I was talking about with Youtube videos in Metro IE10. It still functions fine, but looks weird. It looks like that before playing a video as well.

Is tested the only site you see this issue on? We use iframes to embed YouTube videos. Everything in that rectangle is served by YouTube.

• @gpbmike: Yup, Tested is the only site I've seen that happen with. Embedded videos on the forum are fine. They're also fine on GB/CV if that's at all still similar.

• Some things that have been fixed:

1. image uploading works
    2. styling in editor (quotes) should match post now
    3. captions on images should work now
  • @Ben_H: I think it puts your post at the bottom of the page you are currently on but your actual post is at the end of the last page of the thread. When I went to the last page there was my post and I could edit it right away.

• On Nexus 4. The page to create a login gets thrown off by the captcha. http://www.imgur.com/Bo5HS.png. Adds space to the right of the screen - horizontal scrolling.

• Dunno if it's already been mentioned, but I can't seem to open links in the forums in a new tab by command/control clicking them. Opens in the same tab.

Example.

Btw, latest Chrome here.

• I'm unable to upload images in forum threads. I can see the image after the upload when I'm making my comment but as soon as I hit 'post comment' it goes away. Running W7 with Chrome Version 23.0.1271.97 m.

• @PillClinton said:

Dunno if it's already been mentioned, but I can't seem to open links in the forums in a new tab by command/control clicking them. Opens in the same tab.

Example.

Btw, latest Chrome here.

Fixed, same with image links now. You can open in new tab or new window.

• @gpbmike said:

@Rallier: Hey you know the drill. Browser?

TESTS!
  • @gpbmike said:

@PillClinton said:

Dunno if it's already been mentioned, but I can't seem to open links in the forums in a new tab by command/control clicking them. Opens in the same tab.

Example.

Btw, latest Chrome here.

Fixed, same with image links now. You can open in new tab or new window.

sweet, nicely done!

• I don't know if this is a bug, but should the "Reply to author" button on video posts be a bit more contextual, based on who's in it? For example, @norman is basically the only person shown in the 12 Days of Christmas video (Sorry housemates, you're not real people). Clicking reply to author sends a message to @JoeyF.

Joey is great and all (and should be on the podcast more), but considering he basically never messes up a video, wouldn't most people want to reply whoever's being filmed?

• Hello, not that important, but anyways:

In each video category, you have the 'most popular' tab. When you click it, no videos show up.

• So in this thread:

http://www.tested.com/forums/off-topic/452412-world-ends-tomorrow/?p=last

I posted a reply to Rallier on my phone (iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2) I used the @reply method in the text area, and let the auto-formatting do its magic. Instead, it gave me a pop-up with "an error occurred attempting to post". I then hit post again after, got the same message. While it looked like it just broke without posting it actually posted my comment both times.

It also double-posts a colon, which isn't as important.

• Windows Phone 8 here. In the forums there's no reply/quote button on any posts.

• The site seems to be looking great on most of my devices now, but I was testing out IE on the Xbox and noticed some icons are missing. Instead of the envelope or speech bubble for your messages and replies etc, there are just letters.

Also, when browsing the forum the quote/reply/flag buttons disappeared intermittently. I couldn't figure out how to cause that. Sometimes they appeared, sometimes they didn't.

• Double comments header omg. so intense.

• @Rallier said:

the podcast player overlaps the description text when scaling down the size of the browser window.

Chrome, win 7

I get a similar issue, when increasing the font size, with Safari 6.0.2 on OS X 10.8.2

• IE9 32 bits usually fail while loading the site (and then restart and opens the tested site).

I use windows 7 64 bits.

• Email notifications contain the text of a reply, but deliver emails in a massive wall of text. No line breaks, no formatting. Hard to tell where quoted text ends and the reply begins.

My email client is gmail, if it matters.

• Looks like there is a double/triple/multiple-post bug going around, I encountered it while trying to use the video-button to add a youtube vid in the Mondospider video. When I pressed "post comment" I got a pop-up error, and then nothing happened. I tried pressing "post comment" two more times, same error... and when I went to refresh, I'd posted the same thing three times.

Looking at the Makers forum, someone seems to have had a severe encounter with a multiple-post in the stickied Show & Tell thread as well.

Edit: I got the error when I tried posting this as well, so I take it that its a common thing and that people are aware :)

• @kim_a: Same here. Firefox 18.0.1 on Win7 64bit. As I press POST it pops up with an error implying it did not post. However upon reloading, the text is present.

"An error occured while posting your comment." [Typo included in original text.]

Editing works just fine thought.

• Yeah i've got a "An error occured while posting your comment." error, and when i came back last night all the attepmts i made when through and spammed the board.

• Chrome, Android, Nexus 10.

The two-column layout looks weird in portrait mode.

It's worse further down the page, where the sidebar has run out but the article hasn't. That just results in a big grey space on the right of the page.

The adaptive design works flawlessly everywhere else I've used it, though.

(I think whatever's cutting the text up is probably a product of me scrolling and screenshotting at the same time; I've never noticed that when browsing.)

• Weird bug i'm getting on PM's when i get a pm i only see the first post, but when i comment i can then only see the one comment directly following it, and i do not see whatever reply i said. Win8/Chrome 24