Quantcast

Bug Reports Go Here!

Created by will on Dec. 11, 2012, 12:59 p.m.
  • Hey guys,

You may have noticed that some stuff has changed. If you find anything broken or weird, please post it in this thread and I'll use it to keep track of stuff that we need to fix. We already have a few things that need fixing, but if you find anything else, please let us know what you did to produce the bug, what browser, version, and OS you're running. (and take screenshots if possible)

• Restore Jamie/Adam/Norm/Will Twitter updates to homepage.
    • Styling the text in the comment editor to indicate how it will look when posted (quoting, lists, etc)
    • Embed articles in forums.
    • Font overlap issue in Chrome 23 (Update your Chrome!)
    • User blogs are turned off while we figure out spam.
    • 500 error when uploading images
    • Nexus 4 CAPTCHA issue:http://www.imgur.com/Bo5HS.png
    • Can't open forum links in a new tab with cmd/ctrl click. (Chrome)
    • Can't upload images in forum threads. Win7/Chrome 23
    • RSS issues (articles, videos, not podcasts)
    • Can't edit posts immediately after posting.
    • Clicking comments on the homepage doesn't take you directly to the comments
    • Facebook sharing popup from pressing the like button gets cut off on main homepage promo
    • Metro IE10 issues
    • Podcasts w/ video aren't listed on the /videos page.
  • I'm getting an error 500 with image uploads.

I also suppose that there is a loading bar that should be there that is not showing up.

• @Rallier: Hey you know the drill. Browser?

• When quoting someone the text shows up in the H5 (i assume) tag in the editor.

When you publish your post containing a quote it is fine though.

• @gpbmike said:

@Rallier: Hey you know the drill. Browser?

win 7 chrome latest version. I just noticed conmused upload an image. Are there size restrictions perhaps?

edit: tried it with a smaller image, no cigar.

• I'm seeing some odd layout issues with menus/text/etc on Windows 8 in Chrome at 2560x1440 resolution. Lots of text is overlapping or misaligned.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/X5eN8.jpg

EDIT: Scratch that. Just did a refresh and everything is looking great now. Top men must be on the case!

• When you post something, and immediately want to edit it, you cannot even though the button is there. You have to do a refresh first before editing. Not a big deal obviously.

Chrome 23.something on OSX 10.8.2.

Also, wow they are on version 23 of Chrome now.

I'll report back how things are on iPhone since I just got one(!).

Edit: Just a suggestion, you should change the little image thing that is beside the website on the bookmark bar from a yellow T to an orange T to reflect the new colour scheme.

• Not a biggie, but if the user has forced HTTPS for their preferences (for whatever reason that may be) HTTPS does not load, there needs to be redirect to standard HTTP.

• not really a bug but you there is a "send pm" button on your own profile.

• you get a 404 when trying to create a blog.

I assume you guys are still working on that but perhaps a better message could be put there.

• @Ben_H: thanks for the note about the favicon, sometimes we miss the little things.

re: edit post bug, testing that right now... :)

• Minor cosmetic issue, but some of the text in the right hand columns is overflowing the table a bit.

Firefox on Windows 7.

• Also, when editing a post that has an image in it completely removes the image.

Edit: Test.

Double edit: Yup.

• Scrolling through the font page carousel causes problems with the images, where there should be 4 there are 3 Win7/Firefox 16. This also happens in Chrome and when there rather than just stopping from continuing passed the point of content, the carousel displays nothing.

In Chrome specifically there is an issue with the images not having the correct spacing sometimes. Win7/Chrome

• I was just replied to in the Welcome to Tested news article but didn't receive a notice about it, intended or maybe something to look into?

• Question, when you upload an image but then not click the post button, what happens to the image? Is it orphaned on the server or does it get cleaned up if it's not attached to a post?

• @Vexxan: Huh. I wonder, did that use to work in the past? I never commented on articles enough to earn replies there, I don't think.

What about forum posts? Did you get a notification for this one or is it broken again..?

• @evil_gordita: Seems to work in the forums, when you replied to me now the "text bubble" at the top turned yellow but not when I was replied in a news article.

• @Vexxan: It will pop up the next time the page refreshes. I don't think notification updates are AJAXed out to users.

• The whole design is wrapping together and lacking spaces ect here.

Cant really describe it so screenshot: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5128094/tested.jpg

Win7 64bit chrome Version 24.0.1312.35 beta-m

EDIT: Well it seems to be fixed as well, the issue is now gone. Pretty sure i tried the hard refreshes and everything before taking the ss but maybe not.

• Those of you experience font issues, it's a known Windows Chrome bug that is suppose to be fixed in Chrome 24 which is not on the stable branch yet. The reason for this bug is because we switched to prioritize SVG fonts. It yields consistent results across all browsers. If we use anything other than SVG for some of the fonts, you would be seeing blurry text due to the way Windows renders fonts.

@Silan: It looks like you're running 24 beta and still saw the issue. That's not good... if you ever see it come up again, let us know.

If you really want to know, here's the bug thread on the issue you guys are describing: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=95102

• Not really a bug, just a small complaint. There's no page selector at the top of forum post, only at the bottom.

• @adrianlikesbeer: Aww yeah you changed favicon! It looks so nice now. It doesn't clash so much with all my other favicons either now too! (Now I know what those icons are called again now that you said it. I couldn't remember for some reason)

• @Silan: It sometimes takes a few refreshes for Chrome to grab the new RSS. Not sure what's up, but I had the same problem.

• On PMs you need to put a "jump to last page" button, like how it is on the forums, not really a bug, more of a missing feature

• Not really a big thing, but the comment count on stories doesn't seem to go past 99.

win 7 latest Chrome.

Never mind. Looks like it takes a little bit for the count to refresh.

• Just wondering for the forums, is there going to be a "go to last post" button on the forum browser so that we don't have to go to the first page then select the last page or select the older/newer post button?

• Explore link to on the bottom takes you to http://www.tested.com/news/ and gives 404 error

Example > http://i.imgur.com/4sco6.jpg

• @coopdegra: Hey, at least a certain PM thread only takes up three pages instead of 12 with the increased posts per page.

How about a bit of an odd problem with a multi-page forum thread?

Here is page two of the Minecraft thread. And here is page three.

For some reason, page three is a reverse chronological version of page two, but without the page navigation (page 1, 2, 3, next, last, etc). A spot check with some other larger threads doesn't show this problem.

This post was brought to you by the letters 'F' and 'U'. One of these days I'm going to screen capture myself trying to write a post with this blasted rich text editor. I always end up fighting with it whenever I post something.

• Hi Guys, similar to @EvilEmpire, I'm getting that overlap issue in Chrome 23.0.1271.95 on Windows 8.