Quantcast

1024 x 768 and the Forums look Jacked

Created by weavminas on Nov. 19, 2012, 4:31 p.m.
  • I have an older monitor and 1024 x768 is my max resolution. I can't see the sidebar where forum categories, podcast or Bug Reporting or Makerbot, used to be. I'm on Win 8 Firefox 16.0.2 and Chrome 23.0.1271.64 m. I also can't find the forum search so I apologize if the this has already been addressed.

On a related note, hasn't Will mentioned that a new site is being built?

• The side bar should slide to the bottom of the page on lower resolutions, the site's elements move around depending on the resolution of the device you are watching it on. Which is both a blessing and a curse.

The forums search should be at the top still. Could you perhaps post a screenshot so that the engineers can have a look?

There is indeed a new site in the work, what they status on this is I do not know however. I was supposed to be pretty far along.

• Yeah I just tried it out on this res and the responsive page layout pushed them below like Rallier said.

That size in the responsive layout would probably be better to remove top posters and make the forum list into a drop down, but as you said, a new site is on it's way, and this one is pretty impressive considering the speed at which it was built.

• Wow now I feel silly. Had i clicked my scroll wheel one more time I would've seen the topic list right there waiting for me.

The search I see at the top is only fetching articles and not forums. I have some caps here in Dropbox. I've tried searching for "Raw Outro Song" which I know is a thread. When I zoomed out for the last screenshot I felt really silly. Thanks @Rallier and Thank you @AtomicEdge.