Quantcast

What Are You Reading?

Created by eznark on March 15, 2012, 6:22 p.m.
  • Im currently reading my way through The Horus Heresy series of Warhammer 40K novels. I think I'm about halfway through what has been released so far.

• Got a few things on the go at the moment.

Simon Travaglia - The Bastard Operator from Hell
    James Hoffman - The World Atlas of Coffee
    Nicholas Parsons - Just a Minute!
    Tom Clancy - Without Remorse

And I've just picked up Tom Clancy - Under Fire

• Just started Seveneves by Neal Stephenson

• Not so much reading, but really loving the photography.

Brian Shul - Sled Driver and his second book The Untouchables.
    Both books about him and the gorgeous and phenomenal Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird.

• @Flibster: are you a clancy fan? Without Remorse is the last one I read. Great ambitions to start at the beginning of the Jack Ryan and read through. Red Rabbit is a bit plodding and I got distracted.

• @tmee: I am. Without Remorse is probably my favourite of his books too. Although Debt of Honour and Executive Orders come pretty close, and can be read as one long book as well if you feel the urge.

Without Remorse is also really the earliest of the Jack Ryan books *kinda* so it's a great place to start.

Red Rabbit isn't that great. It's certainly one you can skip quite happily and not really miss out at all.

But since Clancy started writing the Jack Ryan Jr books, they went downhill. Coincides with when he started writing with someone else unsurprisingly and when he died and the writing went solely to other authors, yeah... best not say much about them. But I've spent so much time reading about these characters that I keep buying the books just to keep up with their story.

I'd love for someone to spend the money to create a full cast reading of the early books. I'm a sucker for those. The Godfather with a full cast is one of the very best audiobooks I've got.

• Ender's Game and Speaker for the dead! Now its time for Xenocide.

• Currently reading Armada by Ernest Cline.

• Currently re-reading the Sword of Truth series. I am also thinking about re-reading the Lost Fleet series simply cause i got to book 4 and now there are like 13 books to the series.

• Just finished Seveneves, I am now reading the Martian.

• I'm now starting Aurora