Spoilercast Book Club?

Created by slopecarver on Aug. 17, 2015, 7:37 a.m.
  • Has there been any mention of a spoilercast book club? A monthly book club for readings such as The Martian, Seveneves etc. that coincide with monthly spoilercasts? In each spoilercast next month's book is announced and for premium tested members offered for free as an Ebook or Audiobook download from a sponsor like Audible. This would add a bunch of value to the premium membership.

• @zigorama: This is a good idea, having sponsors would muck with the selection of books.

• This is a great idea. Although I hope that if this works out, we would get sufficient warning so that we can finish whatever book we're currently reading.

• This sounds like a great idea, zigorama's suggestion seems pretty feasible. At the start of the month we could have a week of voting, then you have the rest of the month to finish the book you're on and get hold of the new one for the next month.

• I would be interested. I just completed Seveneves and starting The Martian based upon Tested recommendations alone. I would also be interested in a Movie club as well.

• Perhaps we could alternate each month between a book and a film?

• I'd be up for something like that! Count me in!

• I'd love to join in too. It looks like I'm reading all the books they mention in the podcast anyway.

• Count me in for both film and books. This is a great idea!

• I'm in!