Criminy, another day of nearly not leaving the bus. Any more days like this and I’m going to end up like that chick in the SkyMall ad wearing a Slanket and drinking wine from the glass that holds a whole bottle.
I’ve got an excuse, though. I’m resting up because this evening, my boys show up. Specifically Thing1 and Thing2, the twins. It’s been four and a half weeks since I’ve seen them--waaaay too long. Boy, I can’t wait.
When I finally got off my butt, I headed to the airport to get them. Fourteen years old, and they look older every time I see them. Amazing.
As I was waiting I noticed the shoe-shine stand.
Every time I see a stand like this, I entertain the idea of asking them what they can do with these:
We had a great show in Birmingham. Terrific crowd, and it’s shaping up to be a really nice final few days of the tour. We had fun with one of our volunteers; here’s what he looked when we were done:
Another one of our volunteers looked very much like me at a young age.
Just kidding, I wasn’t nearly that cute.
Jamie tried telling a joke; it didn’t go over as well as he’d hoped.
The end of the day brought one of the best post-show meals yet: some real Southern RIBS. Damned straight.
All in all, a perfect day.
While on tour for the Behind the Myths stage show, Adam is blogging about his adventures and exploration of each city he visits. Here are his previous entries:
- Dec 19: I Finally Get Off My Butt
- Dec 18: A Note about Our Halls
- Dec 17: Back in the South
- Dec 15: Catching Up with Kris
- Dec 14: The Incredible Door
- Dec 13: So, Baltimore
- Dec 12: O Bethleham
- Dec 11: Refreshed in Richmond
- Dec 8: We Love Detroit!
- Dec 7: Buffalo, Briefly
- Dec 6: To that Tall Skyline I Come
- Dec 5: The Blur of Akron
- Dec 4: Milwaukee's Stoic Majesty
- Dec 3: Minneapolis, Part 2
- Dec 2: A Wonderful Life in Minneapolis
- Dec 1: Leaving Canada
- Nov. 30: Saskatoon!
- Nov. 29: Deja Vu All Over Again
- Nov. 27-28: Welcome to Canada!
- Nov. 26: Brisk in Boise
- Nov. 25: Reno, Baby!
- Nov. 24: I'm in a Tank!
- Nov. 23: Hello, Costa Mesa
- Nov. 22: A Raucous House in Mesa, AZ
- Nov. 21: Thanks for the Hospitality, El Paso
- Nov. 20: Picking up the Bus to El Paso
- Nov. 19: A Lovely Texas Day
- Nov. 18: We Begin in Texas