[Note from Norm: Adam and Jamie actually performed in Detroit on Dec 8th, so this was before their stops in Richmond and Bethleham on Dec 11th and 12th, respectively. Sorry for the time warp!]
Detroit! We love this place. I've played the Fox in Detroit three times now, and it's never enough. What a gorgeous hall. Insane. Just check this place out in the large photo below the fold.
Bow chicka wow wow. That is one HELL of a lovely place. ELVIS played here. EVERYONE played here. More everyone than the Beacon Theatre, even. Look at some of the signatures I found on the walls:
Outside it was cold and there were genuine flurries, the first I've seen this season anywhere (they've been chasing us since we left Calgary).
This was the view out the window of my bus behind the theater. I have only one question: What the hell hit the bottom of the fire escape? That must have been someone’s worst day ...
With our name in lights like this it was time to put on a good show.
And so we did our best. The crowd was terrific. I love this town.
Jamie tried singing again. With predictable results. (Sigh.)
With that performance under our belts, it was time to fly to a much-needed couple of days off.
While on tour for the Behind the Myths stage show, Adam is blogging about his adventures and exploration of each city he visits. Here are his previous entries:
- Dec 12: O Bethleham
- Dec 11: Refreshed in Richmond
- Dec 7: Buffalo, Briefly
- Dec 6: To that Tall Skyline I Come
- Dec 5: The Blur of Akron
- Dec 4: Milwaukee's Stoic Majesty
- Dec 3: Minneapolis, Part 2
- Dec 2: A Wonderful Life in Minneapolis
- Dec 1: Leaving Canada
- Nov. 30: Saskatoon!
- Nov. 29: Deja Vu All Over Again
- Nov. 27-28: Welcome to Canada!
- Nov. 26: Brisk in Boise
- Nov. 25: Reno, Baby!
- Nov. 24: I'm in a Tank!
- Nov. 23: Hello, Costa Mesa
- Nov. 22: A Raucous House in Mesa, AZ
- Nov. 21: Thanks for the Hospitality, El Paso
- Nov. 20: Picking up the Bus to El Paso
- Nov. 19: A Lovely Texas Day
- Nov. 18: We Begin in Texas